Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thread catcher


I really haven't been in the mood to do much about getting the quilt on the frame so I spent quite a bit of time just dropping in on some blogs and forums I hadn't been to in awhile. I found this pattern on one of the forums and decided... I needed to make one to use when I go to guild with my machine and when we have a class that requires sewing so I don't have loose threads all around me. http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/10773.page

It was really easy....but ..... When (IF) I make another one I would change it just a bit. First....I wouldn't fill the flower through the seams in the back. I think it would be much easier to leave one petal open to stuff and fill. Could then slip-stitch that opening closed a lot easier than closing the hole in the back. But of course I haven't done that yet....so .... ??? AND...I would definitely fill the next one with sand. This pattern calls for flax seed. Of course I didn't have that so I used brown rice. I also need to pick up a pkg of stuffing just to have on hand for things like this. All I have is batting and that just doesn't work as well.
The flower turned out to be a LOT bigger than I thought it would be. I think I'd cut the squares down to 3.5" instead of 4.5".
And of course this is all just MHO.

1 comment:

  1. Linda if you need an excuse to practice these new improved techniques I would like green or floral prints!! Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete

I try to always reply back to anyone that takes their precious time to comment on my blog so I sure hope you have your email enabled.
Thanks for stopping by and
I hope you're having a great day....Linda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...