Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday and I'm back.

   Hi everyone.  I'm back.
I know!  I know!   I've been away from my blog for way too long.
But I've had a lot going on around here and we've been away celebrating.   I'll post about all that later.  And yes I will show you my new floor.  ;o)

But right now it's still Monday and for the first time in all these last weeks I finally have something new to share on my design wall.  Of course I'll be linking over on Judy's Design Wall.  One of my favorite places to visit.

Remember I told you that our guild is having our auction this fall and we are each  asked to donate at least three items.   I have two made already and have been mulling around several different ideas trying to settle on just one more.
Well.... Saturday rolled around and all of a sudden I realized the theme I wanted to use.
Several months ago I had purchased a Halloween Layer Cake from the Fat Quarter Shop along with three matching 1 yd cuts of fabric (orange with black bats, blue with black flying witches and a border print)
  

I pulled them all off the shelf and proceeded to cut the 10" squares into fourths and then sashed them with a black 1½" strip.
I sewed a few of those 5" sashed blocks together and ended up with a small table runner.  It just needed something more so I cut a 9" square in half diagonally and added them to the ends to finish it.  
For the placemats I decided to cut some of the 5" blocks in half and sewed seven together to give me the width I wanted and bordered them with black and added the orange bat fabric.
 TaDa..... Here I go.....
#3 auction item ..... Small table runner (12"x41"  still needs trimmed) and two placemats (13"x19").  I'll be binding them all in black once I get the quilting finished.  


AND......I still have 16 of the 5" sashed blocks left to make a nice sized table topper that would fit my dining table nicely.   I plan on using the border print to finish it and I'll use the blue witches as the backing for the placemats & runner.  
That should take care of all the Halloween fabric.  
 
I hope you're having a great day. Glad you stopped by.....Linda

6 comments:

  1. How cute. Good to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. And I'm glad I've been missed. ;o)

      Delete
  2. Very cute project. Thanks for the pictures and explanation of how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome and thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Great post - VERY creative - and what Quilting is all about - ;))

    Q - Quick
    U - Useful
    I - Inventive
    L - Layer Cake - Gone!
    T - Table Runner/placemat set ready for auction

    P.S. - Glad you're back!! I wanna see photos of your new floor - ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I must admit when the brain juices start flowing it does feel pretty good. Now talk about creative.... your Q U I L T certainly is.
      And tune in tomorrow. You will finally get to see the floor!! I know you've been waiting weeks!! haha

      Delete

I try to always reply back to anyone that takes their precious time to comment on my blog so I sure hope you have your email enabled.
Thanks for stopping by and
I hope you're having a great day....Linda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...